Friday, April 22, 2011

No longer primitive here

Just one of MANY trees down in our beautiful city
We have had intense storms here in Centralia, and there have been confirmed tornado sightings. Our apartment was without power for three whole days, which was inconvenient to put it nicely. The worst? Cold showers. But, today, the power gloriously returned and I'm reveling in the 21st century advancements we are so blessed to have. I know it's silly to complain about no power when there are so many people in such worse conditions, but it was difficult to do the things we take for granted. No injuries were reported here, though there are some folks with a lot of home/car/business damage, so we really were super blessed.

Now, onto FILL IN THE BLANK FRIDAY! I love these. :) Join the fun by clicking here!


1.   Fridays are   the day when I can actually feel tension leaving my body. I think I'm super stressed, usually, but Fridays, I feel like I can just take a breath and a break.

2.   Books!     make me terribly happy. I LOVE getting a new book, snuggling in my bed and getting lost for hours. I really need a good fiction book to get lost in.

3.  Something that inspires me is    reading other people's creative writing, listening to certain music, looking at certain art. These things remind me that beauty and meditation are important and have meaning, and I'm inspired to get lost in my feelings and creativity as well .

4.  If I had the day off today I would    have sat at my house with no power. Soon, I will have a lot of days off (every day off!) and I will have to find much more valuable things to do   .

5.  If I had to put a label on my home decor style, I would say my style is   non-existent right now. I love elegance, damask patterns, nature-inspired decor, feminine florals, bright teals, pinks and black and white, and all kinds of art, but I have no money and little creativity on how to decorate without money .

6.  Concerning politics I would say I'm   rather ignorant, honestly.

7.  I'd like to go to    Hawaii      so I could   see the ocean in style  

No comments:

Post a Comment