Friday, April 15, 2011

Taking a break to fill in the blank

 It has been a crazy week. Jon went to the hospital with stomach pain on Tuesday and on Wednesday had an emergency appendectomy. It was actually an amazing experience, one I will capture with more detail later. Also, Daphne has started clapping, which is probably the cutest thing any baby has ever done. Once I am able to catch it on film, I will write all about her and her adorableness. For now, I am taking a break to fill in the blank. If you want to play along, catch up with this awesome blog here!
 
1.   My favorite daily responsibility is  gosh. Just the word responsibility makes me cringe. Umm... I would say driving to work. I have about 30 minutes to talk to God, listen to the radio, and to see some of the most beautiful sights on a rural drive. Recently, all these baby farm animals have been born and I squeal with delight when I get to see prancing new goats and fresh little calves. 

2.  My least favorite daily responsibility is  pretty much everything else. I desperately need to learn to find joy in washing bottles, making dinner and lunches, and doing the dishes .

3.  My favorite cuisine to eat when going out is    Mexican or a good steak. Jon and I both love Mexican food, though, and we could probably eat it every day .

4.  My favorite cuisine to prepare at home is    anything that turns out well. Jon is super picky and I have so much anxiety about preparing meals, from spending money on groceries to finding new recipes to watching out for our health. I hate it right now, so hopefully when I'm home full-time, I'll find some fun things to make.

5.  Andy Warhol said that everyone is famous for 15 minutes. My claim to fame is   I've had some funny little things occur. For one, I was on the Bozo show when I was five. Then, when I was like 23 or so, I was in a commercial for a restaurant in Eldorado, IL. I think it was called Yesterdays. Anyway, my mom and I were having dinner there and they started filming. Unfortunately, I never saw the commercial, but a friend of mine saw it on TV once. He said that I was featured prominently, which seriously cracks me up. I really wish I could see it! :)    .

6.  If I could have 3 wishes I would wish    I have serious ones, but I'm going to be whimsical and dream fun things. First wish: to live in a beautiful home in a part of Hawaii that never faces any kind of natural disaster occurrences.  Second: that I could eat anything I want but always have a perfect figure. Third: that I had unlimited knowledge about planting gardens, crafting, building sailboats, and baking.

7.  My biggest pet peeve is   when someone else says, "Well, actually ... " after I say something. Basically, any time someone feels the need to prove how wrong I am. Gosh, I hope I don't do that to other people, because that is annoying!

No comments:

Post a Comment