My friend Missy at mymisinterpretations.blogspot.com always does these Fill in the Blank Fridays, which seem super fun to me, so I'm going to give it a shot today.
1. My favorite quote is My grandma always quotes this one, and I love it. "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
2. A bad habit I have is Overeating. I have been keeping a food diary since the beginning of January and it helps me stay accountable, but I definitely have the habit of eating more than is necessary.
3. The first time I felt like a "grown up" was When I got my first "real job" working as a newspaper reporter. I had only waitressed or worked as a student factory worker before that, and it felt very swanky to have such a grown-up job.
4. Weekends are my favorite. I only get to hang out with Jon and Daphne for extended periods of time on Saturdays, and I live for that time. I cry on Sunday nights waiting for the next weekend.
5. When I was a child I wished my name was Anything but Joan, because only old ladies were named Joan. All the cool girls I knew had the name Kim, so I kinda wanted that. When I was in 7th grade, I tried to get my friends to call me Katie, which is an abbreviation of my middle name, but it never caught on.
6. I wish that people would love Jon's book as much as I do and that it would be successful enough for one of us to stay home with Daphne. As much as we love Cheri, we would really prefer to raise her ourselves .
7. A secret I have is geeeez. I'm pretty open, actually. It's hard for me to filter myself. I guess one secret I have is that though I really love animals, I'm not really sure I want a pet. I'm afraid of cleaning up after them, I think.